Monday, July 4, 2011

It's Like My Drug

I may have an addiction to the best website ever, Pinterest. It is my fantasy world, and I think that’s why I like it so much. When I’m there, I get to look at pictures of beautiful houses, food, DIY projects, etc. and imagine what it would be like to have them in our future home. I have this image of filling my house with amazing creations designed by Jeremy and me; amongst the thousands of pictures on Pinterest, this dream comes true.
            I have no proof of this, but I think this site gets its name because you can “pin” your interests you find anywhere on the web to a virtual board. So, that’s how I’ve been spending my recent days. Searching through copious amounts of photographs (mostly in the DIY section) and pinning them to one of my many boards. If just looking at the pictures is not your thing, never fear, for when you click on the photo, it shows you the website the original pinner found it on. I’ve found that most of these sites are blogs with directions on how to make the craft which is even more fabulous!
            What’s fun about Pinterest is that you can upload your own photos or find them on any site and drag the “pin it” button over the URL and pick which one you want to pin. Also, you can share your pins with your friends by following their boards. You can also describe your pin. I love this feature; because I can make little notes to myself like “Perfect for Tyler’s toys” so I don’t forget what I wanted to do when the time comes.
Re-purposed brooch as refrigerator magnate
(found on thenateshow.com)
            I’ve been a member of Pinterest for a few months now, and for the first time the other day, I went to the Nate Berkus show (which I love by the way) and pinned several activities to my "Future Projects" board. I’m so excited to view more websites and dig through their DIY stuff to pin for future reference! Also, I decided yesterday to make a new board for my "Finished Masterpieces", so I can keep track of those too. :)     

SIDE NOTE: In order to be a member, you have to either receive an invitation from a friend already on Pinterest or request to the makers of the site an invite. So, it’s kind of like a little club, which is also fun :P

2 comments:

  1. I have heard about that website... will you invite me pretty please?? (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep :) Just sent it to your gmail.

    ReplyDelete